School Common Name
Jackson Junior High School
Albert E. Meyzeek Middle School; Meyzeek Junior High; Jackson Street Junior High
828 South Jackson Street
The school opened as Jackson Street Junior High in 1929. It was renovated in 1966 and joined to the new Booker T. Washington Elementary School. Jackson Junior High was renamed Meyzeek Junior High in 1967 in honor of local educator Albert E. Meyzeek.
This resource is provided by the Jefferson County Public Schools Archives and Records Center, Louisville, Kentucky. See JCPS History Wiki and Blog Information for contact information.